Monday, May 27, 2019

The Safer Path

Reflection of the time I spent
Wandering this earth
No clear or true direction
That brought me here to this

Lost until I found you
No routes, no tracks, no course
Hopeless retrospection
Stumbling forward, fast

Times of indecision
Times of strife and woes
That was till I met you
And life was turned around

Now more steady, more direct
Future is more clear
Planning life together
A charted safer way

Your steady guidance saved me
And put me on the path
More safe, more sound, more protected
Sheltered, loved, secured

The wind it blows a billowy sail
Strait forward, on calm seas
Living in the moment
This romantic rhapsody

Guide me through the ocean storms
Protect and keep me safe
Leaning on your steadiness
No compass or sextant

Where were you before the storm
When my life was troubled
All I know is you’re here now
My world has turned around

No comments: