Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Valentine (for JPB)

Once I was your Valentine 
and you showered me with love 
You gave me all I needed, 
stars and moon from up above 

You would hold me tightly 
and kiss my fears away 
Our love was all that mattered, 
but that was yesterday 

Now my heart is empty 
you left without a word 
Maybe you tried to tell me 
but I think I would have heard

How do I recover, 
and overcome this loss 
When you were all I wanted 
and on my heart embossed 

I take the feelings left behind, 
still deeply here contained 
And pull them out and look at them 
Like a picture that is framed 

Would you come back if you could 
to be my valentine 
And cherish all that we once had 
Together for all time

1 comment:

JS77 said...

this one is by far my favorite,of course because it beautifully written and because its for dad....