Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Candle In The Darkness

Like the “Hotel California”
The welcome mat was out
Thought I was entering paradise
Now I have some serious doubts

The light I followed in here
Has been completely snuffed
Darkness, shadows, obscurity
I know I’ve had enough

Feeling for the way back
Don’t know if I can leave
Looking for the doorway
And things that I believe

Searching for a glimmer
The things that once held true
A candle in the darkness
A crack I can slide through

Still I’m finding nothing
A flicker is all I need
I know I can climb out of this
Can get this to recede

Praying for redemption
One small ray of hope
Saying a Hail Mary
Anything to cope

Seeking never finding
All now may be lost
The things that led me in here
Were not worth the cost
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: