Thursday, September 24, 2020

A Friend (for you)

As you tell me your story 
Your fears and inner thoughts 
Your wounds still fresh and bleeding 
Your mind is overwrought 

I listen without judging 
I am what you need me to be 
A confidant and sounding board 
Helping with the debris 

I understand your apprehension 
The stress that you’ve been through 
That hopefully has been laid to rest 
With nothing more to do 

I am what I appear to be 
No agendas, no hidden scheme 
Trust that I am here for you 
A friend when you are in need 

Tell me all your secrets 
Don’t fear me or hold back 
Trust the connection we have built 
This foundation has no cracks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read this one for a second time, and really like the tenderness it expresses...friends are like gold!

Anonymous said...

With a friend like this, life gets much easier!