Saturday, March 21, 2020

Intervention

Like a cancer eating away at me
The outlook very grim
Insides, raw and tortured
Viewpoint getting dim

Running from the same old ghosts
The things that held me back
Just can’t proceed forward
Just can’t get on track

Moving through a maze of darkness
No pinpoint of light
Bleak, austere, unwelcoming
Months of endless nights

My mind is really racing
No thoughts to end this strife
How can I get out of this?
And reconstruct my life

All is crashing down on me
No angels to protect
Can’t light any candles
What did I expect?

I need some intervention
A clear direction shown
I feel that I am grabbing at straws
No obvious way is known

Just a meager ray of hope
To relieve some of this despair
Something to hold on to
An answer to my prayers

I will keep on searching
Keep pleading on my knees
Till I am finally rescued
Till redemption comes to me
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: