Saturday, September 26, 2020

Lost Dreams

The things I left along life’s trail 
I thought I could live without 
Broken hearts and broken dreams
 I’ve hurt some, there’s no doubt 

Leaving ego, leaving self 
Leaving some of my dreams 
Leaving bits of integrity 
That can never be redeemed 

The trail is getting longer 
Losing more along the path 
Looking back in anger 
Need to find a way back 

Stop and reassess my life 
Need to get back on track 
Preserve the little I have left 
Resurrect the things I lack

Time may be to short now 
For redemption of my soul 
To stop the hurt and hurting 
To climb out of this black hole 

Need to listen to my heart 
And do the things that are right 
Restore the days of sunshine 
And end these sleepless nights 

 A 12-step intervention 
Beg forgiveness from those I hurt
 A very slow healing process 
Will my pain also revert?

No comments: