Tuesday, March 19, 2019

No Surrender

I thought that you might be the knight
The colors waved seemed true
removing the fortress around my heart
On a black steed you rode through

Not a damsel in distress
My world was pure and good
No need for any rescue
I knew just where I stood

The many colors you displayed
Were from damsels before me
The lance you carried pierced their hearts
But I refused to see

The fortress before was so secure
No chance of penetration
The knowledge that I learned before
Protecting my heart’s foundation

The damage that’s been done here
May never be repaired
There may be too much carnage
From the short time you were there

I will need a deeper moat
A wall that can’t be breached
For my self preservation
For a heart that won’t be reached

My heart will not surrender
It will stay locked up in the tower
Never trusting, never loving
Never to be empowered
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing poet!

Anonymous said...

Wow-ing!Terrific