Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pulling Away

The look that you are giving me
Can only mean one thing
I know that it’s been coming
I can feel the heartache it’s going to bring

I could feel you pulling away
From all that I hold dear
Your mind was always miles away
Only your body was here

I blocked it out as long as I could
Tried to make it right
Although you wouldn’t help me
Coming home late most nights

Your touch was somehow different
I tried hard not to see
I thought the space I gave you
Was the thing you need

Too much water over the dam
No way to get back
I am flailing helplessly
Our relationship’s off track

It’s not my imagination
Although I wish it was not true
Own up to what you’re doing
I’ll make it easy for you

Just say the words you need to
Before you walk away
Break my heart and leave me
I know that you can’t stay

Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: