Tuesday, March 17, 2020

The Quest

Standing at a crossroads
Two paths I can take
Neither holds much promise
Either could be a mistake

Weighing of my options
Is it left or right
One is blue sky and sunshine
The other, bleakness and night

The blue sky road could be a trick
Hidden till I enter
Going halfway down the path
Before the route turns bitter

The bleak path could be better
Maybe it’s a test
The darkness could become the light
To give my mind and soul some rest

I have to choose correctly
The one that serves me best
Once it has been chosen
It’s the finale to my quest

Although they both lead onward
And there’s no way to turn back
I’ll stick with the choice I make
I’ll stay on the path

Go forward with foreboding
Praying this is right
I’m choosing the path of sunshine
I’m choosing the path of light!
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: