Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Summit

I’ve finally reached the summit
The climb was long and steep
The view up here is worth it
Miles and miles that I can see

Closer to the angels
Closer to the face of god
Everything in perspective
Let down my black façade

The clouds so close I can almost touch
I am just a tiny speck
On this majestic mountain
After this long, long trek

The solitude here is thunderous
My mind is sharp and clear
The echo of my footsteps
No one close to hear

Soon I’ll need to go back down
It will take me hours
The isolation is deafening
I begin to feel empowered

My thoughts have been collected
My soul has been restored
Back down to my reality
This peak was my reward
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: