Sunday, March 22, 2020

Torn

You’ve pushed me to the limit
Had all I can take
Re-evaluating this liaison
This crumbling relationship

Tempers always flaring
Loving, less and less
What is it that you want from me?
We’re cracking from the stress

My mind is spinning out of control
My soul is torn and raw
Nothing I can hold on to
Like a cat that was declawed

Is there anything here worth saving?
Tell me what you want
Instead of pushing my buttons
And acting nonchalant

It'll take hard work to mend this
To reconnect this bond
To get back to where we started
To get back what we first found

I can’t do it by myself
You need to do your part
Shall we give it one more chance?
Forget it….I’m gonna walk!!
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: