Thursday, March 5, 2009

Unjust

I tried to find the way in
Though your heart was locked and barred
How do I get through to you
You are always on your guard

What happened to you in the past?
What happened to your trust?
Why is there this fortress?
What happened that was unjust?

I will do all that it takes
To penetrate this wall
I would never hurt you
The threat is very small

You will see the truth I bring
Your trust in me will grow
Love will blossom eventually
I’ll take it very slow

Your heart will see before your mind
The things I bring are real
No protection needed
I have nothing to conceal

Faith, devotion and my love
The things I bring to you
Look deeper at your feelings
There’s nothing here untrue

Take the time that you require
Let your feelings grow
I will wait here patiently
Till we’re on the same plateau

Take all that I offer
Let your heart brake free
Because I’ll give you everything
I want you here with me

Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: