Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Borders

The borders now are blurry
The difference between right and wrong
Not as easy as it once was
Maybe I’m not as strong

Looking for some guidance
For the things I need to do
Praying for the answers
To play these problems through

Looking at solutions
From the way the past played out
How did I recover
And overcome the doubts

Hindsight 20/20
Future not as clear
Laying down the groundwork
To this I must adhere

Holding fast to my beliefs
The things that have proved true
Avoiding risk of failure
By sticking to the rules

Where is my guardian angel
When I need her most
I feel that I am on my own
Challenged by old ghosts

Combating the same old demons
Slowly I go forth
Resurrecting spirit
Protect me on my course
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: