Monday, August 24, 2020

The Right Way

It is the sounds of the morning
Garbage truck, school bus, birds
And you, snoring softly
Wanting those few extra minutes

I watch you, early in the morning
Covers askew, hair messed, peaceful
Wanting to stay here all day
Without the tension and stress that work brings

Rolling over you wrap yourself around me
Covering my neck and face with kisses
Hugging me with your arms and legs
Surrounding me with your love

Soon the coffee maker will start
The alarm will go off
The paper will hit the front porch
Neighbors will start for work

But you and I will stay here
A little while longer
Hold the routines off for awhile
To start our day the right way
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: