Wednesday, April 29, 2009

two way street

i realize as i listen to you
always with compassion and empathy
i hear every word you say

but, is it one sided?
do you hear me when i pour
my heart and life out to you?

are you taking in the things i say?
are you listening to me, in the same way?
if i ask a question, did you hear what i said?

do my thoughts and words go to your heart?
am i just your sounding board
and nothing more?

the troubles that are plaguing me
are blind to you
you do not see

no response to my questions
no answers for my fears
i do not sink in

friendship is a two way street
i know more about you
than you about me

read these words
take them to heart
show me i am wrong

Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: