Monday, August 5, 2024

Climb

I’m making the climb
It’s not so steep
The valley below me
Green and deep

Must reach the summit
I’ve been there before
Closer to heaven
My spirit will soar
The mountain looms
I’m half way there
No place for footing
Must take more care

Should have used a tether
The climb is precipitous
The perils that face me
Are very ominous
Slowly I go
My footing is sure
Hands are reaching
For places secure

I can see the top
I am very near
Not much longer
Till I am there
Once I reach it
I’ll sit for a while
Enjoying the challenge
And seeing for miles

Going down is easy
Repelling my way back
The climb was the challenge
That keeps me on track
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: