Friday, July 31, 2020

Empty Space

I reach out to touch you
and clutch empty space
another day like the last
with the same old heartache

months since you left me
each day passes slow
as I wander through hours
with no inner glow

you had brought back something
I forgot I had missed
from that very first moment
that very first kiss

back now where I started
before you were here
no longer to hold me
and cradle me near

like a cancer unfeeling
the wounds are so deep
unable to concentrate
unable to sleep

and the weeks go so slowly
my world at a halt
this coma won't recede
till the questions resolve

so I face new dilemmas
one day at a time
although it was easier
when I thought you were mine
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: