Sunday, August 6, 2023

Debris

I stopped loving you today
All your memories packed away
Tell my heart that feels betrayed
But in good time even that will fade

The time with you that wasn’t wasted
Bittersweet and honey laced
My mind remembers your embrace
Dreams of a future now debased

I’m much stronger than I thought
Better now, not overwrought
You never even felt distraught
Inflicted pain cost me a lot

I told you when you closed the door
That would be it forevermore
I told you what you had in store
But my pleas you did ignore

Now you’re hit with some debris
Wanting back what will not be
Remove the blinders you will see
I am doing what is best for me
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: