Thursday, June 4, 2009

Separation

I am far from my beach
From the sea that I love
From the casa that is empty

I am feeling the separation
I am feeling the disconnection
I am feeling overwhelmed

Can’t go there now
Too much to do
Not enough hours in the day

But it waits for me
To once again rejuvenate me
To restore my spirit and soul

If only thinking about it
Could do the same magic
Work the miracle that happens when I am there

But it doesn’t work that way
Thinking about it doesn’t make it so
Doesn’t have the same affect

I need the rescue
I need it’s strength
I need it’s enchantment

I need to walk on my beach
I need to sit on my portico with coffee
I need to smell the salt, feel the gentle breeze

It will be a long while
Before I can get back
Back to Mexico, my redemption

Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: