Thursday, July 30, 2020

Short List

I thought that you were different
I might've been wrong about you
I took you as someone who cares about me
You mistake me for a fool

I may not be on your short list
In the top one or two or three
But I have a lot of patience
And I’m there when you need me to be

I am always watching your back
And help you when I can
But what you have given back to me
I really don’t understand

I know your life is busy
Mine is the same way
But give me a little break here
And let me know we are okay

It’s not that I am needy
Or expect you at beck and call
But ignoring and being indifferent
Is not what I deserve at all

You need to look a lot deeper
At what I have given here
And be a little more attentive
And be a lot less austere

It won’t take that much time from you
Just treat me with a little more care
I will always be in your corner
Can't you feel me there?
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: