Saturday, July 4, 2009

Loaning Love

Who was I to make you want
I know that I act nonchalant
Wanting what you can not have
Loaning love, no permanent path

Build a wall protect your heart
I told you this from the very start
Can’t you see my heart’s not true
You should do what’s best for you

Turn and walk, give me space
Leave me here, your steps retrace
I’ll only hurt you, leave you blue
Break your heart before we’re through

Don’t know how this came to be
But I know my heart is free
Can’t be tamed, can’t be caged
Sorry I can’t help assuage

I’ve purged the doubt, purged the guilt
My spirit free, my soul rebuilt
I’m doing what is best for me
Sorry you’re hit with debris

Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: