Friday, October 2, 2020

windmills

we come across a windmill 
hidden in the trees 
reminiscent of Don Quixote 
and his misguided beliefs 

a star crossed lover was he 
Dulcinea was her name 
an allusion to illusion 
he chased her just the same 

in his suit of armor 
with Rocinante his trusty steed 
his faithful sidekick Sancho 
to help carry out his deeds 

not a gallant squire 
as he thought that he would be 
always chasing windmills
in search of his lost dreams 

my dreams are about to shatter 
in the shade of the giant blades 
lightning in the background 
threats of impending rain 

you tell me you are leaving 
and this will be goodbye 
that we too are star crossed 
something you can't deny 

you kiss me quick and hug me tight 
say you're sorry for the pain 
and as my tears begin to fall 
you turn your back and walk away 
  Creative Commons License

No comments: