Monday, January 20, 2020

Amigo

People come into our lives
For many different reasons
Sometimes it is something they lost
Or something I am needing
Just like in a romance
It has it’s ups and downs
It takes a little nurturing
Some happiness and frowns
Sharing morning coffee
And talking about our day
Sometimes lighthearted banter
Or problems that we face
I don’t know how it happened
That I found a friend like you
I guess I was missing something
And that’s when you came through
Thanks for being there amigo
And taking up that slack
For listening and for caring
For always watching my back
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

one is very lucky to find true friends in these days and times - This is an excellent tribute to your friend - excellent poem

Anonymous said...

That's what friends are for

amigo said...

'there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother'