Friday, August 23, 2024

Foreigner

A foreigner in my own life
A passport not yet stamped
The language that is spoken
One I don’t understand

I slipped across the border
An undetected alien
No guide that can help
Here in this strange land

Maybe I needed a visa
I should have thought this through
I thought it would be easier
Didn't know I'd face a coup

Situations that plague me
No maps or GPS
No clues to the future
Or immunity from stress

I need an eponymous agreement
A neutral intervention
To get me back to reality
To block this blind perception

A nefarious situation
Pointing every way but out
A situation that’s hopeless
Of this I have no doubts
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the "border" imagery on this one!