Thursday, September 3, 2009

tempest

need to take on more ballast
to fight this raging storm
my vessel too light to continue
red flags are giving warning

the sun completely blotted
the clouds are dark and threatening
wasn’t like this when I started
will I ever learn my lesson

the waves are high, the wind is cold
my sail is now in tatters
getting back to an even keel
is all that really matters

no one to bail the water
pouring over the side
only me here at the helm
a course I must decide

I think I am too far from shore
further out than I first thought
my compass just keeps spinning
and I am overwrought

no buoys here to guide me
no lighthouse beacon shines
on these angry seas that taunt me
and promise a quick demise

holding to Saint Christopher
praying to all above
see me through this tempest
protect and guide me home

Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments: