Saturday, May 11, 2024

confessions

at the time of my confessions
when no one can hear me
when my needs are deepest
when I’ve lost all belief
sweating out the danger
in the depths of my despair
a mind that travels backward
on a trail that was unfair

the ferocity of the moments
a roadmap with no plan
with faithless understanding
staggering like a blind man
this avalanche of anger
termites eating my soul
slipping from those moments
into Alice's black hole

I'm looking through the window
at the hellish burning flame
always on the outside
but I hear them call my name
in the sorrows of the evening
on a chilly winter night
the loneliness continues
this dream that conjures fright

drenched with trepidation
as I shake myself awake
from this master plan of sorrow
a tale where I remain
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful piece! I love this!

Anonymous said...

no wonder you can't sleep!!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the second verse so easily!