Thursday, November 18, 2021

losing game

I thought that I was in control 
my mind dominated my heart 
but I can see that wasn't true 
and should have from the start 

there's nothing for a future 
there's nothing that never was
a realm of intangible aspects 
your heart's not capable of

I should have seen the truth there
it was written plain on the wall 
a path of misdirection
for a heart that was enthralled 

do what's right for you now
and I will do the same
the wounds will heal eventually 
I'm quitting this losing game

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you threw the emotion out there, immediately. I think this poem has an element of honesty and rich depth-that's actually hard to come by nowadays, without the thought feeling forced. Perfect piece for every reader to relate to in some aspect, as well! Really enjoy this.

Anonymous said...

i can hear music for this one.... as the bard said "...three chords and the truth"