Monday, September 21, 2020

Paradoxical sleep

Random thoughts at arbitrary times
A life once shared quickly demised
Thoughts that swim in water deep
Nightmares come in paradoxical sleep

You watch me flail, in over my head
Drift in and out while I mournfully tread
Choke out the water that’s in my throat
Silently drown or try to stay afloat

You were here and now you’re gone
Ash still falling with each new dawn
A life invested extinguished fast
Promise yields to the aftermath

Strength for all so they don't see
A tower that crumbles inwardly
Internal tears that my heart cries
The perfected façade is just a guise
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

2 comments:

KRL said...

wonderfully written,i love this!!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading you tonigh...