Saturday, December 21, 2019

holidays

shopping for the holidays
like bumper cars on this given day
mentally checking off my list
making sure there's nothing missed

the store is crazy on this day
last minute shoppers in a craze
buying gifts for those forgot
I'm still happy that they shop

heading home, I'm running late
dinner will have to be at eight
just remembered I forgot dessert
pudding pops will have to work

when at last we bow or heads
thanking God for daily bread
there's no place that I'd rather be
than a holiday with family
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet message!

Anonymous said...

A poem with heart, I think it was very, very, well done with the words of grace

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the Holiday flow here, excellent....