Sunday, December 20, 2009

only a friend

only a friend would listen
when I try to sort it out
over-analytical puzzles
that fill me with such doubt
listening quietly to me
an overly familiar route

only a friend with wisdom
knows the words to say
to try to end this quandary
questions that still plague
to put this all behind us
keep it forever at bay

only a friend who cares
lives up to these needs
when I hit overload
my limit has been exceeded
puts me back on track
so the friendship can succeed
not always about you
sometimes it's about me

only a caring friend with wisdom
listens

Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this poem. There is an old saying where I come from; 'Friends are like hens teeth, few and far between!'