Saturday, May 11, 2019

tarnished promises

when I left you were sleeping
miles from me in dreams
not knowing I was leaving
how perfect it all seemed

I could feel it getting smaller
this shrinking love affair
pensive in the moments
weighing what was there

tarnished promises
that never were fulfilled
my heart thats needing more
you don't get it still

indecisive minutes
between the bed and door
all the promise slips away
as I walk across the floor

my bags were always packed
I knew this day would come
how many times I tried
you never let me run

how long before you notice
that I'm no longer there
I packed it to take with me
the love that we once shared
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo on this one...