Monday, June 20, 2022

atrocity

I stole the silver lining
from the clouds above
wove them ever carefully 
into a mantle for my shoulders
no longer will wishes come true

this atrocity realized
the heavens opened
crying sparkling tears
which I beaded on a
golden cord for my neck

darkness came and I pulled
the stars from the night
stitched them into a flowing skirt
with the crescent moon
as a tiara for my hair

for these sins I am damned
beauty pillaged not created
selfish, narcissistic, envious
of creation beyond my own
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This poem is amazing, truely, the way it speaks of human nature, but still keeping it beautifully descriptive. I'm so jealous of your skills!