Saturday, March 2, 2019

cowboys

I’m more New York than Nashville
I’m more classic than cowgirl chic
more rock n roll than country twang
not much for fishing by the creek
I like being in the city
not a cabin on a country mile
but I still like my cowboys
every once in awhile

I'm more Irish than Scottish
my temper a mind of its own
I do like kilts and bagpipes
though they be far from home
I like to write my poetry
and sing a bit off key
dining in fancy restaurants
sustenance that I need

I like the evening sunsets
and when the dawn breaks red
I like a fluffy pillow
when I lay down my head
I like when you notice
that I have changed my hair
but mostly when you tell me
you're lost when I'm not there
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: