Friday, June 24, 2022

free time

I'm doing just fine without you 
never had more on my plate
working ten hours, sleeplessness 
yeah, I'm really doing just great 
and if I was doing any better 
couldn't imagine it more sublime
the hardest part is figuring out 
what to do with my free time 

I've gotten real good at solitaire 
I can sing lyrics to all sad songs 
crossword puzzles leave me breathless
and I do them all day long 
I'm catching up on Gunsmoke 
every day at  straight up noon 
I'm donating clothes to the shelter 
this diet isn't one I'd choose 

I can always pick up tomorrow 
all the things left for me to do 
you don't need to worry about me 
I'm doing just fine without you
don't let it bother your conscience
about the heartache in which I dwell
while you carry on without me
yeah, I'm gonna be just swell

No comments: