Wednesday, February 10, 2021

one by one

the breeze wafts in with a humming sound 
I can hear the music, but not the words 
I strain my ears, all I can hear 
is the pounding of my heart 

the sky is dark with so many birds 
filling the trees and telephone wires 
they screech a horrible ringing sound 
it resonates, vibrates, stealing my thoughts 
as the shrilling gets louder, I cover my dreams 
cause they won't be chased away 

they start to fall one by one
dying from thirst and the desert sun 
till one is left and the music flows sweet 
its message carried on the mountain breeze 
she opens her bill, and all I can hear 
is the sound of your love for me 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Lovely

Anonymous said...

Excellent, very powerful, great mixture of syntax. "Cover my dreams" stuck out to me