Wednesday, March 3, 2010

what I need

it's not like I'm looking
to bungee, hang-glide or trek the Alps
supercross and street luging are out
and so is riding a bull
I'm not looking for danger
a far cry from being a masochist
but I AM looking for something
something, something different
something that's amiss

I'm looking for excitement
exhilaration, pleasure in obscure ways
I'm looking for adventure
escapades, after a boring day
I'm just looking for more
more than I have
at this moment in time
and if this scares you
sounds like a dare to you
I'm sorry, but it's what I need


Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya! Ride a horse...excitement, adventure, adrenaline... Nice read- enjoyed it very much.