Wednesday, April 10, 2019

clutch

I watch the hard-top slide to the truck
the desert sun immediately floods
elating, intoxicating, bathing me
you were right, this is what I need
ease off the clutch, onward I speed

the cool wind blowing through my hair
driving off without any cares
just for once I'm not looking back
exciting as popping in a full clip
you were right, this is just what I need
running the gears, now picking up speed

feeling the power in my right hand
as my boot works the tight, left pedal
who would of thought you could get such a rush
running the gears, listening to the hum
you were right, this is just what I need
no reverse, no going back, onward I roll
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

poet destroyer said...

good ending!