Saturday, June 25, 2022

I remember

there are places I remember 
where the moonlight shines on the sea 
sand goes on for miles and miles 
and my soul completely at peace 

I remember windy city streets 
cold winds blowing off the lake 
locked away on a spring afternoon 
warmed by the love we just made 

I remember a windmill 
with sails that couldn't spin 
storm clouds in the distance 
wetting to the skin 

I remember thundering monsoons 
blustery winds and lightning flashes
raging washes over flowing the streets
creating our own fire and passions

sorting through the feelings of all 
entwined for while and then just friends
memories made in different hues
it all ends the way it began
 Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! Warm feelings,memories that are lasting...a gorgeous heart filled piece.

Anonymous said...

I love this. You make the memories become magical. Nice write.