Tuesday, November 19, 2019

monsoon

days hurry toward the future
minutes and hours ticking away
trying to hurdle the barriers
that keep obstructing my way
daylight is getting longer
I work more than I play
the desert is getting hotter
I need some cooling rain

I'm ready for the storm clouds
for the lightning flash
followed by the thunder
that rattles with its crash
I'm ready for the liquid silver
of each torrential drop
I love that nitrogen smell
I want the monsoon to start

tomorrow is not here yet
and it's already yesterday
life is just too short
there is always the piper to pay
I want to live in each moment
smell the fragrance of each day
and I am inviting you
to play out in my rain
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: