Tuesday, May 31, 2022

undeveloped

I've learned when you ponder, it disappears
the ruminations and deep down fears 
it's like the question fails to come near
fog in our mist bringing up the rear

the editing, spliced, on the dark room floor 
contorted images, a mask of horror 
I would have settled, but now I need more 
it stays undeveloped, locked in a drawer 

I tried to run, but could never hide 
as all I feel explodes from deep inside 
you see it all and let it slide
a few little lies and a compromise 

the clouds form, dark, in the desert sky
lightning flashes illuminate night 
I thought I saw but I was blind 
reality chokes my air supply 

my spirit leaves as the battle rages 
you've read the book, studied the pages 
a twelve step program, designed in stages 
the truth always wins, and has for ages

No comments: