Thursday, May 19, 2022

you should have told me

darlin you should have told me 
you can't wrap your mind around
the way my heart keeps calling 
when monsoon rain pours down
the truth is in the corner 
written plainly on the wall 
I guess I couldn't see it 
cause the rain had washed it off 

darlin you should have told me 
your love doesn't have the room 
it's all tangled up in longing 
your heart's already consumed 
you embrace it in the darkness 
but it fades in the light of day 
the picture that is painted
is whitewashed in black and gray 

darlin you should have told me 
I was only spinning my wheels 
you looked it over a couple of times 
there is nothing you want to feel 
someday you'll write some lyrics
it will make such a beautiful song 
about love that was unrequited 
about a heart that you wrong

No comments: