Saturday, July 27, 2024

everlasting

I've climbed all the mountains
roamed the desert floor
I do it today, like I've done it before
looking for answers, guidance from above
but there are no solutions, or resolutions
that can save me now

things have been said about things left undone
and it echoes aloud; resonating
a quiet screeching, angels screaming
is it just in my head or in the breeze?
can everyone hear it like me?

I wander unsteady as I stray from Your path
I stumble and falter, rise up and fall back
I thirst for Your truth, Your tree of knowledge
looking for an apple that holds wisdom

weariness comes, mind and body it sweeps
there is not a branch to steady my fall
in fact, there is no one, no shelter from the sun
there is just no protection at all

which way do I go now, show me the way
light a candle in my darkness
shine down on me, let me find peace
I pray for Your salvation everlasting

but Heaven betrays me, 
Hell opens to engage me 
and redemption has just run past

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent imagery...