Wednesday, May 11, 2022

eyes

eyes are the window to the soul 
and yours you tried to veil 
I could see down deep inside you 
where deeply your ghosts dwell 
but the threat didn't make me run 

you wanted to be something 
and you feigned it pretty well 
you thought that you were someone 
that hid the secrets quelled 
you are the only one who is fooled 

I didn't fall for partial truth 
or obscurity in your song 
although I danced to your music 
the demons still along
shadows you blame reside

it's like a 12-step program
it's there when you are ready 
prayers and candles won't complete
naively your not steady 
for love to show its heart

I'm not saying it doesn't hurt 
you weren't part of my game
you were honest in your verity 
though it doesn't ease this pain 
it wasn't easy loving you

No comments: