Tuesday, July 14, 2020

a pretty good start

as I reach an understanding, of what will never be
I wish you all the best, as you wish the same for me
I've pieced it all together in my mind and soon my heart
and if I have to start somewhere, I'd say it's a good start

it was something I was running to, but didn't get that far
something you were running from, it caught you were you were
we were in the same place, but not at the same time
you were granted your wish, while I'm still waitin' on mine

I don't know now what happens, if it all has been too much
if you're tired of understanding, I'm tired of being a crutch
when I finally come to grips with the truth you made me see
that's when you turn your back, take what's left and leave
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: