Monday, June 1, 2020

yesterday

I did leave a mark, like initials carved in a tree
the times we were together will drift in memory
you may not admit that I was ever there
but at night when you're sleepless, apparitions appear

you can still taste the kisses, honey on your lips
you can still feel my presence, when fantasy grips
you can still remember eyes of deepest jade green
and the way that I looked in boots and faded jeans

you may never admit that I did leave a mark
closed off in a chamber, locked in your heart
every now and then your mind will betray
and the marks that I left from our yesterdays
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great rhyme!