Sunday, May 15, 2022

follow me

I've come a long way 
still further to go 
sometimes there's no reason 
that I see to keep going 
when I think it's too much 
and I'm ready to quit 
I hear your voice i
n the midst of it saying: 
I'll show you the path 
I'll show you the light 
I'll be here if you need me 
I am right by your side 
you are half-way there
don't give up now 
follow me, follow me 
the path I was on 
was crooked and wrong 
each corner I turned 
wasn't where I belonged 
hell bent on destruction, 
hurting those close 
then thunder was crashing
--saw lightning flashes 
and I heard a voice 
in the midst of it 
saying: I'll show you the path 
I'll show you the light 
I'll be here if you need me 
I am right by your side 
you are half-way there 
don't give up now
follow me, follow me

No comments: