Tuesday, July 7, 2020

it's funny

it's funny how a memory can take me back in time
a photo that is faded, that once was black and white
it's funny how a song could hold such fantasies
and what you always said, is what I now believe

it's funny that I built castles, out of little grains of sand
and how it never worked out, exactly like I planned
it's funny that before my eyes, sunlight turned to grayeverything seems different, everything has changed

it's funny that a dream can take me back in time
to places and embraces, things I leave behind
it's funny that a heart can lay love's pain to rest
after all the heartache and all I did invest
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

1 comment:

A.G. said...

This is really good, J.B. VERY good!