Thursday, June 4, 2020

long lost cause

this moment right here that we suspend
your breathe and mine, end over end
I hear the song of a long lost cause
as we run in circles with no applause

if I travel the long way, the path unknown
there wasn't an easy way back to the road
if I am wrong will you show me the light
where all that I've lost can be found to be right

you can shoot it straight, reload the clip
right straight to the heart--the heart of all of it
listening to what you say as it fades from gray
what goes once around is coming back this way

I don't wanna fight and you won't lose control
the light grows dim and the night gets cold
all I want to hear is my story being told
we're not the only ones caught inside the fold

you wanted was to fly, leaving tracks in the dust
blowing it's direction and thickly forming crust
the keloid  present from other places you knew
you know it's gonna come back--like it always seens to do
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

No comments: