Monday, June 8, 2020

moving target

like a bullet through the barrel
hitting the dead-on center
steady on the trigger
as it makes that clicking sound
a full clip loaded in the grip
as I fire another round
it's not close to being finished
cause I'm just getting started

a silhouette on a wire
with circles for my sight
crippling the paper intruder
as I fire each new round
the feeling of power grips me
when I hit my mark
as I pop one in the chamber
firing one right after another

I flip the switch and bring it
closer for me to admire
looking at the clean-through holes
riddled in this paper
I roll up the cardboard
another "picture" for my garage
but what I have discovered is
I can't hit a moving target
Creative Commons License
Poetry by M.J.B. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! I enjoyed this one: )

Anonymous said...

Well moving targets are a little more tricky, it is all about leading your target!