Thursday, November 4, 2021

the prodigal path

through the fire and through the rain 
I walk this same old street again 
the heat off the street is all that greets me 
I feel it all cause I'm running on empty 

ask me the questions, I'll give you the reasons 
I've been stuck in this forest for many a season 
there's a glimmer of hope as the sun breaks the clouds
I'm living in the present, the here and the now 

I'll meet you half way though the trail may be long 
I don't care what they say about right and wrong
the prodigal path is the truest by far 
that's  how we got to where we are

there isn't a score that we need to settle 
dew reflects softly on each fragrant petal 
once more through the fire, once more through the rain 
with nothing to lose, but everything to gain

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well written and a deep poem...

Anonymous said...

Well said!

J.L. said...

The use of your gift still amazes me. Your thought and insight and ability to put it in poetic phrases is a thing most poets want but only a few have. I keep you in mind as I look for poets to read because i know that it is the quality and not the quantity that counts. I use to refer to it as ..The Fire. Please accept my highest compliments for your wonderful work!